Video SEO is the practice of optimizing video content via Video Search Engines like Google Video, Blinkx, etc. Video optimization as part of search engine optimization efforts is a great way to increase the search engine rankings and thereby increase the traffic to one’s website. It acquaints otherwise ignorant users to your brand, products and services.
There are 3 diverse methods for video optimization. The video can be hosted on your own site. Video search engines like Truveo will crawl your site to find videos. Another way is submitting an RSS or MRSS feed to a third party site like Yahoo Video or Blinkx. There are some video search engines like YouTube, AOL Video, and Yahoo Video that allow users to upload videos directly. They can also be used to optimize listings.
Some things should be kept in mind for effective Video Search Engine Optimization (VSEO):
1. The quintessence of an effective video is the content. It should be compelling as well as meaningful. If the content isn’t catchy or interesting, viewers won’t be attracted to it. But at the same time, if it doesn’t reinforce the brand, it is not serving its purpose.
2. The title of the video is a big factor in bringing viewers. It should be catchy and also contain keywords. In fact, using keywords in the filename and URL is very advantageous. Another trick is to use the word ‘video’ in any metadata. This is because many users tend to use that word in their searches and having it in the title increases the chances of making it in the search engine results. Stop words like “the”, “and”, etc. should be avoided in the filename.
3. Video SEO doesn’t require a company to offer files in multiple formats. But some users tend to prefer certain formats. It is thus advisable to use preferred formats like .mov, .avi, or .wmv. So, just make one of the versions visible to the search engines, and offer them all to users.
4. Users tend to prefer viewing a quick snapshot before watching the full video. Making good use of thumbnails helps users decide which video to watch. The way you generate thumbnails differs from site to site but the results they yield are worth the effort.
5. The length of the video should be reasonable. It shouldn’t be too long as that may bore the viewer. Ideally, it shouldn’t exceed 5 minutes.
6. Allowing viewers to rate your video is a good idea as search engines pay attention to this when ranking these videos. Moreover, potential viewers also tend to take into account the ratings of previous viewers. It thus helps ‘go viral’ if the video is positively ranked.
7. It is beneficial to make use of appropriate keywords in the link text for the file.
The video should be as widely publicized as possible. This can be done through appropriate RSS or MRSS feeds, social bookmarking, and permitting embedding of the video to other sites.
8. Give the viewer an option to share/send the video. This will increase its scope.
9. Video search optimization is in its inception but it’s progressing by leaps and bounds. It is thus a wise step to invest in VSEO.
Semaphore, offer world class SEO Services to our clients throughout the world. Our service offering includes industry research, competitors’ research, Keyword /phrase research and analysis and search engine rankings-all aimed at promoting website, increasing traffic, providing top rankings in search engines
BADBADNOTGOOD – Lavender ft. Kaytranada & Snoop Dogg (Nightfall Remix)
Out on Innovative Leisure
Directed by: Jesse Wellens and James DeFina
Director Of Photography: James DeFina
Executive Producer: Snoop Dogg
Executive Producer: Jesse Wellens for Rose Ave. LLC
Producer: Lee Levin
Producer: Daniel Reizes
Producer: Drew Kramer
Himself: Snoop Dogg
Mr. Clown: Michael Rapaport
Doggy Style Records Staff
(Frank Vasquez, Ron Alvarez, Keith Moore)